SS GET fails on Shared & Pinned files
j***@gmail.com
2009-03-02 20:36:41 UTC
I have files in VSS which are shared and pinned. When I use SS GET on
these files I get the message "Version not found". If I use the VSS
GUI everything seems to work fine. If I unpin the file then the SS
GET
command works fine.

Am I missing a command line option? Is there some limitation with
sharing and pinning that I am not aware of?

Cheers,
Jayson
j***@gmail.com
2009-03-03 00:03:27 UTC
I should also mention that I am on VSS 8.0 and I have run Analyze
recently. Also, I have tried to specify a labeled version using -Vl
and I was able to get the files in the project but if I get a labeled
version recursively ( -Vl -R ) I don't get any files at all. I have
also tested a file which was pinned but not shared and I get the same
results.

From what I've read on pinned files is that I should be able to get
the file and it should automatically give me the pinned version. I
shouldn't have to specify a version. Am I to understand that the only
way to get a pinned file using ss get is to specify a version? And
that I cannot get a pinned files recursively?

Jayson